How to Read a Tire Sidewall
Coker Tire Company
- The height and width relationship of the
tire. Determined by dividing a tire's section height by the section
width. For example: the section height of GS70-14 is 70% of the section
- The tire's section measured from the rim seat to
the outer tread surface of an inflated tire.
- The linear distance between the exteriors of the
sidewalls of an inflated tire.
- The specialized area of a tire designed to mate with the
- Bead Seat:
- The horizontal surface of the rim where the bottom of the
contacts the rim.
- Rim Diameter:
- The diameter of the rim at the bead seat.
- Tread Width:
- The portion of the dread design that comes in contact with
- The linear distance between the exterior tread
surface from the ground to the top of the tire.
- The maximum weight a tire can support.